Wednesday, June 1, 2022

June...Bring On The Summer!

 

                                         Welcome to The MIDDLE of the Year!

 

"Also my 4th  Birthday, soon!"

                                                 -Sofi

Despite some set-backs and earlier changes...turning out to be a much nicer year than the previous two.

Fully vaxxed to the max and still social distancing and masking...no Covid yet!

(...although now Monkeypox is emerging on the scene...over 23 countries and more than 200 cases...and 9 or 10 of them here in the states...so you never know...)

Working hard on the gardening...have the pink petunias out for my hummingbirds...now back...planted a half-barrel of bamboo and will soon add a lotus...some of my herbs in and more on the way...including Sofi's catnip...my roses are bloomed and the Minuteman Hosta is huge...morning glories, onion sets, and mini-multi-colored pepper plants on the way!


 

The daffodils and irises now gone for the year.

Spent Monday mulching the borders and trimming the bayberry bushes.

You never realize how you have neglected certain muscles all winter until you spend three days weeding and trimming and planting and mulching!

It is shaping up out there.


 ",..seriously???"


So am I.

Slowly.

Back to regular P.T. and O.T and seeing some difference.

Eating sensible.

Well, some days, anyway.

(...don't ask about the Italian spread and the Canolli over the holiday weekend..okay...)

I've lost about 10 pounds of the Covid weight...and have about 10 to go...give or take.

Not stressing it.

Yeah...I know that with the 5:2 I could easily lose it...but...yeah...I love good food.

Besides, I'm over sixty...give it a break.

I am.

(...face it...you can't be a size 5 stripper forever...)

And that's okay. 

As my DS friend Janine mused recently

"I may be exhibiting Panda Tendencies."

Me too, Janine.

           Me too.


Found the doorway to my own Secret Garden with Sixty and Me.

Enjoying sharing and learning from this worldwide group of 60 and overs. From practical advice to make-up, games and silliness. It is wonderful to go into Act Three with so many others who are just starting out (like me) and some who are well on their way.

We laugh, cry, bitch and moan together.

Usually over coffee and pastries.


 And have been doing daily Luminosity workouts for months now.

Although my speed is gone...I can see gradual improvement in most areas.

(...spacial...memory...organizational skills...et al...)

I intend to continue indefinitely.

FRED?

Well, with the plague around, I haven't kept up on my MRI's like I need to...but haven't seen any vast changes...in fact...I have regained some of my vision...and not a lot of sequencing difficulties recently. So feeling pretty good about that.

I'm a bit slower...but still alive.

I think by the time you reach 62, you've earned the right to slow down and not rush through life anymore.

 

Starting the 30 Day Meaningful Life Challenge.


 Perfect, since today is the first.

Fiances stabilized and looking way up after this year's substantial raise...and the addition of extended credit with a good raise on the horizon.

Most of the decluttering accomplished.

The Marie Kondo Method

"Does THIS spark JOY?"

Abandoned for the 

"I'm so FUCKING tired of looking at this mess and not being able to FIND anything!!!"

Method...involving a lot of plastic trashbags.

Don't laugh...it worked for me.

Still need to downsize in my bedroom.

Just too much stuff.

John and I, beginning our 5th Year back together...and soon to enjoy a midweek trek to our favorite steakhouse and a Dinosaur Date.


 
 Can't wait!

As for my one goal this year...

YES...

Happy June!

(...the fireflies are back!!!)