Friday, June 3, 2022

Virtual China: Gansu Cuisine - Lanzou Beef Noodles

 

The best known dish in Gansu...Beef Noodles.

The beef and broth with bits from the roasting pan reserved.

The noodles are Dan Dan egg noodles...and have more than a bit of body to them.

The broth thickened slightly and heated to boiling...soy sauce added...then poured soup-like over the beef and noodles in a bowl.

Garnished with pepper here, but you can use bok choy..or cilantro...or scallions.

The smell is incredible...the taste even better.

Next we will explore the Temple and Grottos.


Also..I have been contemplating my painting for China. 

Since I love beaches...I went searching.

Wow.

 

Can you say "Way too many people."

To the point where it was hard to see water or sand.

(...seriously...just looking at the pictures freaked me the hell out...)

and several had horrible blooms of algae, attributed to hotter than normal conditions.
 

 BLEAH!!!

And even one area where RED vegetation had taken over...


 Until I was about ready to just give up!

When I found this...

A quiet, nearly deserted beach, on the coast of Haian China.


Going to start painting this weekend!

More later...