Sunday, June 25, 2023

Exhausted...The Submersible...The Coup that Wasn't...And a Chaotic Week


 I think I can speak for most all of us, when I say that after the chaos of this week we all need a Zen Sunday.

OMG.

A week that started with this 

And for four days we waited...and listened...and hoped.

In the end we learned that they had a catastrophic hull breach on the first day of the dive...and lost these five explorers.

Rapid depressurization and implosion in the 6000 per square inch depth...leaving nothing of these people to bring up...and they will be at the site of Titanic forever.

Then...when we had stopped reeling from that.

The Russian Coup Attempt.

Friday night we sat glued to our screens/the news watching well into the night as The Wagner Group marched on Moscow...taking several towns and downing helicopters along the way.

History in the making.
 

And make no mistake about it...he is a monster.

Maybe more monstrous than Putin.

But at Midnight he and his mercenaries (which numbered over 25,000 strong) were walking their way well across Russia and were about 600 miles from the Kremlin.

TASS reported that several cabinet members and Putin had fled to St.Petersburg.

I went to bed convinced that change was coming by the next day.

Not that I thought Prigozhin was any kind of upgrade from Putin...but he had been very vocal about the war with Ukraine was

1. Started under false pretenses. 

2. Unwinnable.

With these two thoughts in mind...as horrible as he is...and as horrible as the thought is-

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

When I woke the next morning they were closer yet...some Russian troops had actually joined their march and the regular-folk...citizens...were bringing them food and water....everyone seemed to be happy that change was coming.

By the time I settled for a nap they were only 200 miles out of Moscow.

When I woke up...the whole business was over...at mile 140 they had stopped...and turned around.

WTF????

Prigozhin reportedly wanted no more bloodshed.

Funny, coming from a guy who dispatches traitors within his own ranks with a sledgehammer.

A reported deal with Belarus...and a complete pardon from Putin.

Excuse me if I find the whole thing a bit off.

My prediction is 

The death of Prigozhin within a couple of weeks.

Or that this whole thing was a collaboration between the two of them and there is something more nefarious afoot.

Time will tell.

Anyway,  Apparently I slept through the Coup That Wasn't...a little disorienting.

But the week is over.

Rained this morning and my plants and hummingbirds are thrilled.

Kayleb is on his way home from Florida...where he had a wonderful time!


 Even calling me from the beach and holding his phone up to let me hear the breakers rolling in and seagulls crying overhead!

And got to talk to Aiden!

"I love you, Grandma Rose."

Diane and I have made a breakfast date for later this week...and Sisters Day with Tina and Lisa soon.

Loretta is back in the hospital with pneumonia...but recovering.

My friend Ola, and her friend Star...and I are forming our own Out To Brunch and Shopping Bunch in July.

John and I have our Escape for July pretty much together now...and have both been inundated with kitties.

"I caught the feathers, John!"

                                     Mr. Wilson

"Dad, it's amazing...he is a carbon copy of me..."  Gadget

And me, with the ferals...Crabby Tabby...Roof Kitty:Finnegan...and Black Tom.

And my neighbor's cat (Charlie) who comes over when I am sitting on the porch and jumps up in my lap for some snuggle-time.

"The treats are delicious, too!"

                                                   Charlie-Cat 

I am the Crazy Cat Lady, now.

He and I are going to get another baby...but not quite yet.

Still dealing with the loss of Sofi.

Angie is good...and working a bunch.

Che is almost 25...how can that be????

And today....I'm just enjoying some outside time...a nap....and maybe baking a loaf of homemade bread, later.

 

Have a Peaceful Sunday.

Love,

Carla