Saturday, June 3, 2023

June..Summer...and The Middle of The Year

 

Perfect blue skies, 80 and 90 degree days, birds chirping and hummingbirds abound...it is almost summer!

And June!

Already.

Slowly, but surely, losing that weight gain from staying home and eating my way through 2 years of Covid restrictions...lol

And gratitude...for pretty much everything...for enough and knowing what enough is...for my boys...I miss them and love them..and had 30+ years and some wonderful memories...my grands...I got to see most of them grow into teenagers and they all know how much I love them...for Kayleb and yesterday's graduation and having both parents present for it...and his happiness...and for PT and OT and making some progress...adaptations...to my small muscle restrictions...and for a good start to working with Amber on this place...and for Sofi...and the 5 years we spent together...and her living her best cat-life possible...and being able to sit with her until the very end....and for another winter and spring and now summer...for planting and flowers and sipping sweet tea on the patio and the neighbor's cat who has taken up the slack and helps fill the hole in my heart until I am ready for another baby...and John...beating pneumonia...and cancer...and Covid...and starting to get his strength back...and back to rehab...and biking...and yes..SBC...lol!!!

Life is good.

Decorating for summer, now.

Roses and summer food...fresh veggies and fruits...lemonade and sweet tea and soon the fireflies will return.

Happy June!

Love,

Carla and the Charley-Cat 

(...who is filling in...and wakes me at 6:30 AM for treats...Meroow...)