Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Happy Cup






A wonderful beginning to the week...spent with my daughter-in-law, Nicole.

Aiden is a busy baby...all thumps and bumps and squirms. And she came with good news! While James is finishing his training she will be living nearby. And the happiness doesn't end with just us...the grand-daughters called while she was over, excitedly asking

"Is Nicki STILL there?"

And immediately magically appearing at my door!

Her mom and I talked, and she will be here from Colorado when it is time for the baby to be born...and looking forward to seeing Emma (...my 3rd honorary grandchild!) soon!






And she has decided on a "theme" for the baby's layette...with Carter's Green Elephant Ensemble...



Seriously challenging my skills with appliqué.

But Green Elephant, it shall be :)

So after a few days of coffee and chat and a lot of time spent talking baby stuff and feeling him stretch and roll and kick...it's time to get back to the day to day...already in progress.

A fresh dusting of snow...and temps back in the teens here. Working on the Zen II manuscript and have a tentative release date of March 22nd in the works. A full month earlier than I had planned.  Dedicated both to my late husband and my younger (also deceased) brother, Gary.

More anon...