Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Doughnuts and Chess...Bathtub Hooch and a Maid


Sunday's Doughnuts and Chess, early this morning, with Chris! And, although he can still trounce me...I am holding my own a little bit better now. The Practice Cube and the "Tao of Chess" is definitely helping. And...well the cocoa and doughnuts were still very good. 

Finally poured off my micro-batch of Honey Mead this afternoon. Going to save back a bit to share with Idgy when she is up. I used wildflower honey and a mix of fresh pear nectar to set this batch. Not as light as I had envisioned. More syrupy. And maybe the yeast/sugar ratio was off again because OMG is it strong. Less a Honey-Mead and more of a Honey-Shine. Needs something salty (pretzels,sardines,salted crackers, cavier) to pair with although it worked well with fresh Parm...as long as you keep it way from matches!  Seriously. Nice pear and honey fragrance, and deep maple colour.

So my final micro-brew for a while

Gypsy Winery

2015 Vintage

"Some Like It Rough"

Wildflower Honey  (Shine) Mead

Bit the bullet yesterday and admitted what I have seen coming for the past year or so...there are just things that are getting more and more difficult...or exhaustive for me to keep up on in the house these days. Oh sure, I can keep the topical dusting and dishes and laundry and such fine...if perhaps a bit more slowly...but the deep cleaning...the stand on your head scrubbing the bathroom, toilet or tile floors...deep cleaning the wall to wall carpeting or the edgings/molding. Yeah...damned near impossible. So yesterday I hired a part time housekeeper. A maid. (...I have a maid?!!!)  Just for deep cleaning, for now.  She seems very nice. 

A Driver and now a Maid...who would have ever believed it?
(...hearing the theme song from the Jefferson's)

~laughing~

Also began training with Luminosity this week. Couldn't hurt. Might help. I hear good things.

Only

                                                                      
                                                                         more days until Spring!!!!

  I have David Austin Roses ordered to cover the trellis, already!

And only

More days until Our Spring Adventure, Idgy! Can't wait! That is a lot of biscotti and coffee in the box to muddle through! And way way too many "Gazin' Balls"

And an idea for over the campfire whose time has come.  Dipping S'mores. Can also be made at home beneath the broiler.




Jumbo Marshmallows over Hershey's bars...and dipping Grahams!

Onward to the new week!