Sunday, October 4, 2015

ALIVE...A Rattlesnake Adventure...Soccer and the Grands...and "Feeling the Bern"


Seriously...is there ANY better feeling than waking up after many days of feeling pretty horrible...and finally feeling GOOD!

No...GOOD was yesterday.  Today I feel GREAT!
And have spent the last two days picking up...tossing out...and re-claiming the house after a week of more-than-a-cold but less-than-the-flu.


Anyway it is over and I am grateful! 

Broke out the Rattlesnake Meat with James and Nicole yesterday for a taste of it Smoked before making chili this week.

Which is a lot like this...because Hector's warning was spot on. "Beware the bones"






And judging from the size of the vertebrates and ribs we had to pick through (and that I am still removing today before making Rattlesnake Chili out of the bulk of it) this was one big side-winder.

The meat was pre-smoked and tasted...well...a lot like chicken. Except for the texture. It had the texture of over-done calamari. Kind of like rubber bands, actually. So Rattlesnake (should anyone ever ask you) tastes like Smoked Chicken Rubber-Bands...which sounds a lot like an INDIE Band.
Going to chop it fine and add it to my Rattlesnake Chili.

Not something I will probably ever eat again...but now Nicole and James and I have experienced Rattlesnake Meat together. Maybe a bonding thing...lol!

And it is marked off my Bucket List.

So there is, that.

Nice surprise yesterday as I opened the door and greeted not only the kids and my "usual grands" but also Preston...who I hadn't been able to see in ages!  13 now and he is soooooooooooooo tall. Completely outgrew me.  James and Nicki had taken him with them to watch Brenden play soccer! Brenden was absolutely thrilled his big brother was there...and Preston videotaped him playing then played it back for him when they arrived here. 


                                             Brenden and The P-Man





                                                  Reviewing the Soccer Game

                 
And wonderful seeing four of my six grands together!

Missing the girls...we all are...and hoping the situation gets sorted soon. It looks as though only lawyers and a judge can enforce the court ordered visitation. I feel sorry for my grand-daughters who are being treated like objects and possessions instead of children. They are not only being deprived of a loving caring father, but also a normal happy childhood with family and siblings who love them.

The Team Soccer Shots:

                          Although she is not one of ours...you have to love the
                          little girl on Brenden's team with the big floppy yellow bow!












Also enjoyed watching Bernie Sanders at his event in Boston MA. last night. The man was "on" and I have to say I'm "Feeling the Bern" .  More and more I am convinced that he will be our next President. I know he is my candidate in the Primaries.







Just an old hippie...like a lot of us.


Join the Revolution!