Sunday, February 28, 2016

Jeggings...or I Can't Bloody Well Leave the House Wearing Pantyhose...Wrapped in Leather...and in Praise of Adult Sons

David Bowie...making jeggings cool before they were even "a thing". Who knew, right?

I had resisted them forever.  Every time I tried them (in various colours) I couldn't shake the feeling of walking out the door in pantyhose.Oh sure...they were amazingly comfortable and let's face it...nothing accentuates the thigh-gap quite like these...but no...no leaving the house in underwear...

Until recently. 

When I found, to my surprise and delight, they made them with faux seams and pockets and lines and they looked like the perfect skinny jeans...and a dream with tall boots and big sweaters.

Took this last night after wearing them out all day...and someone clean that wretched mirror...please...





So yeah...finally incorporating jeggings into the wardrobe. With the infinity scarves and the purses.  Found a black jean pair I really like, too!

Bought these a few months back

And got this for a steal off eBay last week (distressed leather)


So, I'm a really happy camper!

Spent Saturday with Chris (solo) for part of the day...and Sunday (solo) part of the day with James. And though I enjoy Chris' friends around and love love love Nicole and the grands...it is so wonderful to have a bit of one on one time with the boys.  We have all agreed to make at least one day a month (each) that it is just us, solo...again. 


Adult children are so much more interesting than when they were small, and you had to be the Authority Figure. 

Listening to the minutia of their (now adult) lives, hopes, dreams, challenges, laughs and frustrations. Laughing together at REAL jokes now...not the kind that start with "Knock Knock"...Discussing Politics and the 2016 Election, World Situations, Music, Listening to Chris play his new Sicilian...or James strumming and singing with his Dad's Dunwell Six String.

It is nice...and I am blessed. 

Chris and I discussing an afternoon soon in Avon with Greek Food...and a stop by a craft wine/beer shop. I am learning to make various cordials and liqueurs this summer and need bottling supplies... a trek to Michael's and Hobby Lobby for brushes and canvases and art supplies, and a nearby used book shop that Chris proclaims is "the very best".

James and I looking forward to Spring warm up and spending an afternoon out at one of the ponds fishing...and a picnic lunch...and relaxing outdoors. Maybe catching dinner. And,of course, hunting mushrooms together in April... the first of the car shows.

When they were little I thought they were all incredible. When they were teenagers, I often thought they were living on borrowed time. Now that they are adults, I realize my first impression was the right one!

 Adult Children are Amazing.

The Eldest


The Youngest



Thanks for a Wonderful Weekend, Guys!

 And Chris, thanks for the ride out to see Aunt Pam, too!