Monday, February 8, 2016

Post Game...Superbowl 50



Although they were not my pick...by the end of the game I was very happy for Peyton (and team) on this well earned win. Their defense was brilliant and Peyton stayed on target 99% of the night.

By the end of the third quarter Cam was definitely bruised and battered and I lost track of how many times he had been sacked.

"For God's Sake...take the ring and trophy...just don't hit me AGAIN!!"


For Manning, a nice way to end his career. For Cam, a lesson in over confidence and under-estimation  (and maybe for me, too)...and there will be other Superbowls in his future.




Lady Gaga did a better-than-I-anticipated job with our National Anthem. Loved the glitter suit with matching glitter eye-shadow by-the-way. Nice touch.


Beautiful flyover!


Beyonce, Coldplay and Bruno Mars rocked the entertainment for half-time...




And I loved the compilation of the previous 50 years of half-time shows they put together on the screen. WOW.

And maybe not having to watch Madonna prance around the stage half-dressed this year... (bleah) 

And, Beyonce, once again, wrapped tightly in black leather the way the Good Lord always intended her to be  :)
And all that beautiful hair!

The Commercials...mostly meh.

Enjoyed the Prius Commercial, the Sheep singing Queen for Honda was probably my favorite, and the Christopher Walken Cameo this year...


And the snacks, of course.
We decimated the vat of chili.

The best part of the game (for me) aside from one 74 yard carry...was NPR's live blog this year. Encouraging running commentary with one caveat. You had to format your comment in the form of a Haiku. 

It was wonderful..and at times absolutely hilarious. 

Super Bowl 50: 
From start to end — in haiku.
Want to play along?

two minute warning --
enough time for another 
bowl of ice cream


 Big men in tight pants --
Interrupting commercials
Waiting patiently

There's a football game
At the concert
Guess I'll have to wait

I don't follow sports,
but I'm sure there's poetry 
in men handling balls  

Long pass pauses time
Or almost does…or seems to… 
‘Til someone drops it.



And in the midst of the action...harder than it looks!

So another Superbowl come and gone...and pretty sure after last night's  Snackfest...

"No food for YOU" 

is my battle cry, today..

More anon...