Thursday, July 28, 2016

All Better...






Okay...so I caught my first Pokemon on the Pokemon Go App.  A Caterpie.
My life is complete.
I can die happy now.

~laughing~

I have made my peace (after days) with the World of Politics, as well.

You didn't REALLY think I was walking away from politics??? If so, you obviously don't know me very well.

So here is the deal. 

No. I can't in good conscience vote for Trump or Hillary...so this year I will be casting my Presidential vote for Jill Stein.

Can she win? Very unlikely. 

But at least I will be able to sleep well at night. 

(...and for those of you that are shaking your head and wagging your finger with disapproval...go bitch at the DNC...they are the people who screwed you (and Bernie), not me...if she wasn't strong enough to  win against Trump without MY vote...then the DNC made a terrible choice nominating her...)

What I can do that will help if Hillary manages to pull it off is to up-vote a Progressive House and Senate.

What I can do if Trump manages to pull it off, is the very same thing...at least it will be damage control.  Everything passes through Congress, after all.

And no matter who wins the election I can continue to be a political activist and keep their feet to the flames.

So, that is my re-calculation.

Not perfect, but bearable given the choices offered.

Lennon (my middle) is writing in The Flying Spaghetti Monster...then doing the upvote thing on the rest of them.

Chris was so pissed at the DNC he was honestly considering Trump as a protest vote.

James just grins and says "See Mom, I was right all along. This is why I don't vote."

~sigh~

So the kids have been having a good summer.

                        Chris and Tina Kayak on The Canal in Indy                                     


   Tina's Wedding Gown! 
She looks like
a Disney
Princess


                                                 Aiden at the Fair


                                                   Dad and Aiden


                            At the Dirty Heads Concert for Kaylee's Birthday



                                              Boating with the Family

Lennon is still working too much, and helping take care of his Grandmother in Bradenton, who recently suffered a fall.

Spent today with Nicole. Playing in the Plants, Making Quiche, Sipping Italian Moscato Wine. It was a nice afternoon. Brought home Squash, Tomatoes, Herbs, and New Red Potatoes from our garden patch!

                                     Gardening with Brenden (and Gir)

Nibbling on Homemade Blackberry Cobbler, tonight!

Life is Good! 

Ready to resume Scotland.  I have ordered the Haggis to try.

and it is winging its way across the Pond.

Nicole has tried it before and helpfully commented

"It is disgusting."

A friend tried to convince me that it is

"...really a lot like meatloaf."

Nicki says

"That is bullshit, Mom, it is horrible"

And James...my usually culinary adventurous son, who even tried RATTLESNAKE with me, proclaims

"Nope. You're on your own with this one, Mom."

How bad could it possibly be???

I also have a nice tablet of sweet Scottish Butter Fudge on the way. So that may ease the pain a bit, anyway. 


More Anon...