Monday, February 6, 2017

A Strange Thing Happened on the Way to the Superbowl...



What the HELL?

No...I am not talking about the Patriot Win.

The evening got bizarre about the time of the Pre-Game show.  Fox Sports offered a free stream for the entire ordeal. Well...almost. You could get it on TV, Android, Tablet, PC...the caveat?

You HAD to be running Windows.

Yeah.

As a dyed-in-the-wool follower of TUX.  And running LINUX...well...this posed a problem. 

James having already encountered (and overcome) his own transmission reception problems laughing and countering with the Red Green Admonishment

"If the women don't find you handsome...they should at least find you handy!"

And as he explained how he did it, I was envisioning Vin Diesel in the opening of The Return of Xander Cage...or Mcgyver.

But anyway...no...no video feed for me.

Then I found a random audio of The Game...a glimmer of hope.

It seemed odd because although it was definitely Superbowl LI and the teams were right...the timing was off...already into the 2nd quarter.

Still I listened. Followed every play. Excited with what appeared to be a Falcon win.

When the game ended (still early) the Falcons were proclaimed the winning team
with a broad lead in score.

wait...wait...there is more....don't roll your eyes just yet...

Ecstatic, I phoned James and proclaimed

"OMG...We did it!!! We WON!!!"

To which he answered (in that voice...the one that infers that he may be helping pick out your retirement home soon)

"Mom....are you okay???"

and then preceded to tell me that it was only half-time.

WTF?

When at last, we sorted the issue, my Superbowl Audio was a Maddie Sim. 

Yeah...Alternative Facts.

No...he wasn't laughing with me...it was certainly at me.

Fell back, regrouped, found a crawler that gave play by play and stats...and finished watching the game chatting with him (and my friend, John) through IM.

Where I was able to watch (horrified) as The Patriots pulled the score up from 20-0 to 20-23...and then tie at 28-28 to throw the entire game into overtime.

Overtime...something that has never happened before in Superbowl History!

Brady, who had thrown 8 incompletes during the evening, managed to complete the only pass that really mattered...

Winning them the game and his 5th Superbowl Ring.

(now he has the whole set)



So yeah..I got to see both teams win the same game in the same night.

(...for the record...I liked the sim version better...lol)


I went back this morning to catch Luke Bryan's rendition of the National Anthem...very nice...and the Thunderbirds flyover.







Also Lady Gaga's Halftime Show.
 
As a rule, I don't care for her music, but the whole thing had a very Bowie-esque feel to it. Very theatrical. The drones in the night sky were a nice touch. As were all the pyrotechnics. Nice entrance on the cables. Loved the lyrical nod to the GLBT community, as well..

My favorite commercial had to be the Breathing Fire: Budweiser Commercial.
 Literally laughed out loud.

So that is it for another year...may have to partition the HD and install Windows on part for moments like Sunday, though.

And I will NEVER live the Maddie Sim down...pretty sure of that. 

More anon...