Monday, February 27, 2017

The Oscars



A star-studded night on the Red Carpet.

The Best Picture of 2016

Moonlight

Which, along with the gay black kid coming of age story...also tackled several other social issues. The growing drug problem. The missing male black role model father. The crack mother.

Although my second choice would have definitely been Fences...this was the superior film.

I was glad to see Viola Davis get Best Supporting Actress for Fences.

And the Best Dress of the Night in black velvet (hands down)





And (in my opinion) The Worst

And although the men all looked pretty uniform in either blue, black or white tuxes...the dresses this year for the most part were ranging from simply bad

(several gold sheaths whose wearers were poured into something several sizes too small and frankly looked like bulging sausages in gilt casings)

to OMG...who told you this was a Good Look...???

Including all the Marie Antoinette Enormous Bottom of the Dress.  One actually looked a lot like a tent.  I've camped in pop-ups smaller than this. 
 





 I loved that Suicide Squad got the Oscar for Best Make-Up and Hair. They certainly earned it!

Most of all, I loved seeing all the blue ribbons to remind us on the importance of Freedom of the Press.

One thing is for sure...we had a lot of incredible films in 2016!  And I appreciate the talent and the vision of these flim-makers and script writers,  actors/actresses, directors and so forth...for working hard to entertain all of us...and (personally) for enriching the quality of my life through cinema.

More Anon...