Saturday, July 15, 2017

Kaylee is 12...Bloomington...The Farmer's Market and Snocolate

My Kaylee-Bug has turned 12. My eldest Granddaughter. That's it. I'm officially old...lol! 

Seems just yesterday she was

Told her that this was her last year of Kaylee-Bug...since she will be 13 next year. We are shortening it to KB and she will be my KB forever! Going to find her a heart-shaped locket and have it engraved before then and slip this inside


and maybe this


Busy week!  

The first couple of day...spent leisurely basking on North Patio Beach






Until Tuesday when the MONSOON hit...and everything was pretty much underwater.  Okay, I'm exaggerating. But only sightly.

(...strong currents and under-tow warning...)

LAND SHARK!!!!

(...candy-gram...)

Diane and I went to Bloomington on Wednesday and plundered Red Lobster together and The College Mall. She has found her perfect summer hat...I am still looking. Loretta couldn't make it this time...recovering from eye surgery. She'll be with us in August, though.

Thursday we celebrated Kaylee's 12th birthday with candles,cake and such.  Found sparkler candles for next year!

And today, my friend John and I did an early morning trip to the Farmer's Market here on the Square for zucchini, onions, peppers, cucumbers, jams and jellies (oh my). Listened to the street musician, and had the most amazing Alfresco Brunch at Almost Home.









Came home and was even able to cajole Shelby into sitting out on the *gasp* patio for a while with us on TWO separate occasions!
You're a "cat whisperer, John...

And Seriously...hasn't The White House seemed like a terrible parody of The Keystone Cops this week?

It would be funny...if it weren't MY government and Country. 


Yeah...it is kinda like that.



Also learned about a new FAD that has been sweeping Europe for....oh...the last TEN years.  

The Colonies are always the LAST to know.

I'm talking about "Snocolate"

(...if you have never heard of this...please Google it before reading any further...)





Yes. Snorting powdered chocolate.

Who knew?

I mean besides half of Europe?

One entrepreneur in Florida has finally introduced it to The States marketing blends of mint and ginger...under the name of Coco Loko.

He says he tried to incorporate chili powder but that was...and I quote

"A REALLY bad idea."

Ya think???

And anyone who knew me in the early 80's would know that after researching this (..it has been around in Belgium where it originated since 2007) and looking at the pharmacological effects of cocoa in the body/brain

Natural Stimulant

Mood Enhancer

Endorphin and Dopamine Releaser

(...and completely legal..,and natural)

that yeah...I had to try it.  

Just because.




So yeah...cutting out lines of cocoa.

So obvious.

How the HELL did my Generation miss THIS one.

Talked to my oldest who said...and I QUOTE again

"What the hell,Mom???? If you get some massive sinus infection don't be calling ME...okay???"

 You are so CUTE when you are "ADULTING", honey.

So...yeah...I managed a couple of lines of 100% pure cocoa.

And...they are right.

There is an immediate rush and an over-all euphoria that lasts...oh...maybe 20 minutes or so.  A definite increase in heart-rate. An immediate wake-up/alert feeling (probably related to the increased blood flow)...and a good taste/smell for maybe 45 minutes.  And then it is over.

No harm.

No foul.

Overall, probably a lot less toxic to my sinuses than what they survived well over 35 years ago.

No need to ever try it again. And no way in hell it will ever replace a gooey brownie, or a hot fudge sundae.

But I have now experienced "Snocolate"...lol!


No $109.00 kit necessary.(although the catapult shooter spoons are kind of  cute)...just a 2.00 can of Hershey's Pure Powdered Cocoa...a credit card to cut it and a rolled dollar bill.  

Old School.

More anon...