Saturday, July 22, 2017

The Fair...Goodbye Spicer...Game of Thrones Return...and Spidey-Senses



And the country fair begins!

James,Nicole and the Grands spent the evening enjoying the parade last night and shared photos this morning with me.









The rainbow in the mist was awesome!

Planning my own trip out this week.

So...Idgy was right. If you build it they WILL come. After the terrible raccoon/tadpole incident I had pretty much given up on a Frog Bog this year.

The frogs had their own idea.

At first only two swimming about...their own personal  "frog spa"

Now when I walk out on the patio the water roils and there are several plopping into The Frog Bog. 




And one of my Bobs (I call them all Bob...like all the Hummingbirds are named Doug...)
 



This morning after an early rain they were even trilling!

Going to pick up meal-worms and give them Sky-Food soon.

Several years ago, I had a small frog bog...and after a while I was greeted by this when I sat out with my morning coffee.


All waiting expectantly for Sky-Food.

Speaking of waiting expectantly-



Sunday marked the Return of Game of Thrones. Season 7. Only 6 episodes left in this season...and then 6 next season...and...then we all suffer withdrawal...or return to Season 1 for a re-watch.

Loved the Première which set up all the "players" this year. 

And the final fall of House Frey which was deliciously done.

I think either Jamie (or Cersi) will be gone by the end of the Season and it appears House Lannister is woefully short on alliances (and heirs)

I didn't care for the Dust Up between Sansa and Jon...it was out of character for the both of them. 

Am wondering what Little Finger is up to.

Loved Arya letting the band know she was on the way to Westeros to kill the Queen.

Didn't know who Ed Whatshisname even was...so no disconnect from the fantasy for me.

Loved Dany and Tyrion heading to Dragonstone first...question...how did they know it  was sitting abandoned? 

Thought Sam and the Citadel scene was grotesque but hilarious...loved the fact Jordah was still alive...though advancing with greyscale...and think the pile of dragon-glass will help an eventual win over the white walkers. Maybe it may even be used as a cure for greyscale.

Since the White Walker King touched Bran...and Bran has went behind The Wall...the white-walkers now have access behind The Wall.
Never a good thing.

Euron from the Iron Islands is still a slimy troll , as he attempts to form an alliance with Cersi, and I hope it ends badly for him.

It was nice to see The Hound have a moment of humanity.

And tomorrow it continues...

In this Country we have

Games of Thrones: The Home Version 

playing out.


Sean Spicer has finally resigned. Told you on June 1st he wasn't long for This Administration.  Another Miz Cleo Moment.


Even while he "stood by his man" and made up bizarre explanations for "Covfefe"

The Spicer Débâcle reminds me of the old joke about lab techs who had replaced the lab rats with lawyers...

When asked WHY...the techs explained

"There are some things that even RATS refuse to do."

Spicer's replacement is a young slick financier...mafiosi sounding:

Anthony "The Mooch" Scaramucci.

Why does this not even surprise me?

Perhaps Scaramucci, in Italian, means

"I will Kiss Ass for Money and Power."

I hope Spicer writes a book...because I am sure there is one hell of one from an Insider's perspective. I'll read it.

And time will tell how long The Mooch will cover for Trump's crazy ass.

Even rats know when a ship is sinking and jump off...just saying.

and not-so-patiently waiting for Mueller to nail this crazy to the wall.


If you don't understand by now...


Felt saddened to hear of John McCain's, Glioma (and that they immediately sliced and diced it)...as someone who is heading into my own 10th year post-diagnosis (who refused the whole slice and dice, chemo and irradiation...because they never actually get the whole thing...cells are microscopic...and it always redoubles its efforts, making you horribly sick, incapacitated...and kills you, anyway.) I have never regretted my decision and feel it was the right one.

If I don't wake up tomorrow, I will have enjoyed ten additional (wonderful) years with my children and grandchildren, friends and family...and life!



Although I rarely agree with his politics...I think he is an honorable man.

I am (also) fairly certain he will now be dead in a year or less- ala Ted Kennedy.

Saw Spiderman: Homecoming


Which was exceptional.

I highly recommend it! Loved Peter trying to figure out what his new improved suit could do...funniest bit in the film. Tony Stark was predictably wonderful with biting sarcasm. It was nice to see Michael Keaton back...love his Nicholson-esque method acting- he plays a great villain. Peter's geeky friend stole the show after finding out his buddy was actually Spiderman!

"Yeah...but can you, like, lay eggs?"

Picking the last of my patio beans today and composting the plants...replanting the pots with dwarf sunflowers for a pop of Fall color in September. Tidying the borders and doing another pinch back of the herbs...replanting (set) my basil as the rains ruined it (and I tend to use a lot of fresh basil).

Painting a bit later on the Olive Grove Scene.

(...okay...and watching another episode of Salvo Montalbano...lol!)



Have a GREAT weekend!












Perhaps a spa bath and some pasta...


                                                                                   Life is Good!