Saturday, December 7, 2019

December...Frozen II...Elton John's Autobiography...Coastal Christmas Decor and More



Woke up to heavy heavy frost and the promise of snow later this week.

Tis' the season!


Working on getting the house warm this morning in a way that doesn't include setting the wastebaskets on fire.

Went to bed and it was warm...so I left the heat off.

What a mistake.

Woke early...frozen...and after the crash of an elephant on my head.


"Who me??"
                 ~Sofi

Sofi has learned if I sleep past her breakfast-time that she can push the elephant canvas off the headboard onto me...waking me up.

The first time she did it...I thought it might have been an accident.

After the third morning I had to acknowledge that my cat is just a little furry thug...

(...but smart...)

Gadget is doing well at John's

 "Hey...I can be a thug, too. Don't let this innocent face fool ya..."
                                                                                                         ~Gadget



Also learning she can knock his cup of water over in the bathroom sink in the morning...lol.

And seems quite please with her new trick.

Working on finishing Christmas cards this weekend with the whole house smelling like the amazing fir candle we picked up at Ollies.

Finally getting The Coastal Christmas Decor going.

Adding more shells and maybe some small white balls yet.

Still working on a basket for the coffee-table.

The artist in me wants a large starfish yet.

The cynic in me says I need to toss a crumpled Coke can, or plastic water bottle in.

...laughing...

Anyway,
it is wonderful to enjoy the dim glow of the tree and candles, again...

John and I getting ready to celebrate his birthday this week!

Chris has been busy disassembling, this time his Springfield.

Just amazing.

And he put it back together and took it to the range later.

(...yes...it still works...) 

He and John, planning a trip to shoot together before long.

He is finishing his Cyber-Security class...and still maintaining an "A" and his 4.0 GPA.

So proud of him!

James gave everyone a Pup Update this week with Thanos and Arya.


Who are both muscular and beastly!

And I found the BEST vinyl ever...if you happen to have a dent in your car or truck.

Seriously!

Lennon is enjoying the Raspberry Pi (from me) and a complete set of Halo (from Chris) for his birthday, and doing well.

This Week's Movie

Which was just...well...meh.

There were some funny moments, and a good message.

I loved the little fire lizard.

But nothing spectacular.

New songs...but nothing that really stood out.

(...much to James' relief, I imagine...because the last one with "Let it Snow" and "Do you Wanna Build a Snowman" damned near drove him postal in a houseful of little ones who sang them both seemingly endlessly...)

"No...I DO NOT want to build a freakin' snowman, okay???"

This Week's Book

His Official Autobiography

Coming on the heels of "Rocketman", and it is wonderful!

An unvarnished account of his life from childhood to fatherhood and marriage.

Really can't say enough good things about this one.

And a lot of great laughs along the way as he explains his inner circle and their drag queen names for one another and notes sent back and forth.

His is Sharon...

Rod Steward (...who he is playfully continually trying to upstage...) is Phyllis.

and more.

If you grew up during the 70's...love his music and the man behind it...this is the book for you!

Outstanding read!

Another Cinderella-Saturday here...so must get to it.
















"Yeah you do that...I'll just be over here taking a nap..."
                                                                                          ~Gadget

Have a Wonderful Weekend!