Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Politics & Covid-19


These are schoolchildren during the Spanish Flu of 2018.

And this is in 2020 with Covid-19.

Already...only a week or so back...many have already re-closed...have numerous cases and even more contacts quarantined for 14 days.

Personally, I have no idea how this can be sustainable.

I get the idea that people have to get back to work.

I get that a lot of kids prefer in classroom learning...that parents need the break...that some children do very poorly with e-learning...

But it will soon be cold and flu season...on top of the Covid uncertainty.

Already my grandchildren's school has discovered cases and contacts are being traced and sent home for 14 day quarantine.

Perhaps the most problematic is that this virus is so new...we don't even know what we don't know about it yet.

The long term effects on children or adults.

Scary stuff...

The Covid numbers so big now it is hard to wrap your brain around.

Over 22 Million infected Worldwide.

Over 750,000 Dead.

Here in the US Over 5 and a half Million infected.

175,000 Dead.

Indiana has now surpassed 80,000 cases.

Nearly 3,000  Hoosiers dead.

My County of Putnam is now showing 375 cases.

Only 8 have died here so far.

Sadly, one of the eight was the first doctor I worked with out of Nursing School.

No family,  but several friends infected with it right now.

So yeah...it's personal.

My boys grown, but worrying about my grands...and school...and their future health.

Their future.

Which, of course, brings us to poltics.

Only 76 days until we can begin to clear some of the RUBBISH that seems to have accumulated in the White House.

Joe Biden wasn't my first choice for President.

Kamala Harris wasn't my first choice for VP.

But they have my vote, and are a breath of fresh air after the last (almost) four years of complicity and chaos.

Is anybody associated with the Trump Administration NOT involved with Pedophilia, White Supremacy, Fraud, Embezzlement, or a Felony????

Some with multiples of the above.

I am ready for Joe and Jill...who have a real loving relationship instead of a contract.

I am ready for nice, quiet, politics for the average person...not billion dollar handouts to companies and rich buddies.

Still waiting for it to trickle down, are you????

(...don't piss over the fence and then tell me it is raining...okay???)

I am ready for smiles and inclusion instead of scowls and division.

I am ready for positive infrequent tweets instead of daily meltdowns...name calling and hateful rhetoric.

I am ready for a cohesive National approach to Covid...and slowly...eventually...a return to something resembling normal.

I don't think that is too much to hope for...work toward.


More Anon...