Saturday, December 28, 2013

A little cup of Morning Rant...

and so soon after Christmas...




All because of a conversation this morning.  A "Christian" couple complaining about food eaten (by another friend) at their home.  This same couple abhorred to think I am Buddhist and that somehow they must "save my stumbling soul"

This rant is for you. 

My "soul" is fine.

To be honest...people like you are part of the reason I walked away from Christianity years ago. As Ghandi observed...Christ is wonderful. Christians...not always so much so.

And while we are at it...I have NEVER been so poor (...and trust me I've seen a lot of poor times in the past...) that I thought twice about fixing anyone a meal from my home...as my Aunt Coatni-Minton used to say

"There is always enough for one more plate at the table"

(...and she WAS a Christian and walked the walk...)

So that is my little rant this morning...try being Christ-like instead of (badly) pretending to be Christian.

Yeah yeah...I'm done. I told you it was a small rant.




Loving a gift I received from the youngest son's girlfriend. A Buddha-Board Mini.

This is a Buddha Board.





 A thin stone tablet (plain) that can be written/painted on with water. Whether you write a word or paint a bonsai or just draw "Mu"...In the 10 minutes of meditation afterwards the water slowly evaporates from the stone surface and when meditation is over the stone surface is smooth and blank again. Not only an amazing meditation tool...but also the ultimate lesson in impermanence.

 No worries this morning, though. Sipping a cup of Vanilla Coffee with a  Crueller on the side.

Enjoyed an evening with my oldest grand-daughter last night complete with Chinese chow (which we both love) and she, learning to use chopsticks and the recipient of a scroll-like bamboo calendar for the upcoming year (...she was thrilled...) and hot tea and board games and bedtime reading.







 And life is very good.

Finishing off the last bit of Christmas with my grandsons tomorrow and then going to savor the last bit of the Year in quiet reflection.

Have lost 25 pounds with the 5:2 Fast Diet so far. Dropped 2 sizes. Feel pretty good about it. Even the naysayers

"Are you sure this is healthy for you"

and the eye-rollers

"Fasting...what will they come up with next?"

have to admit that it is pretty amazing. And everyone has noticed the difference now.


 (...okay...I am terrible at Selfies...and I really need to clean the mirror, too...but hey...my waist-line is back!)


 To think of it in "grocery terms" I have lost a 20 pound bag of potatoes and a 5 pound bag of sugar that I had been lugging around daily on my body. 

With 5 pounds to go for my goal...my stomach is nearly flat again!
 (...that was always my problem area...)

And best of all I did it with a lifestyle change that didn't include deprivation. On the Non-Fast days I eat whatever I like. Since I enjoy recipes, and sauces, and creams, and carbs and desserts...this made all the difference.

And I have finally reached a peace with my body image that I haven't had for years and years.

Maybe ever.

And off to start the weekend...have a wonderful one!

(((hugs)))