Saturday, December 14, 2013

A Snowy Saturday Cup



It;s beginning to look a LOT like Christmas :)

Finished my Christmas Shopping (and wrapping) yesterday except for a few incidentals. Making my fudge next week! Woke to a fresh blanket of snow and enjoying a bit of cocoa and whipped cream in my morning cup...and all is right with my world.

Confession.

It is time for my Annual "Find-A-Bear" excursion. For me, "Find-A-Bear" is like a walk through your local animal shelter. They're all adorable and you want to take them ALL home. I collect them. To complicate matters...brand new bears need not apply. Nothing with perfect shiny fur or both button eyes. The teddy bears I love have been loved. To quote Margery Williams: Velveteen Rabbit "...a long long time...." and are already Real.  So through Antique shops and eBay...Thrift shops and Goodwill...I have finally found this year's Tossed Aside Teddy.



Talking with Idgy about next year's Christmas Cards. And personal habits. And Shelf Elves. When we were kids we both had Shelf Elves in the house. Not particularly the cute Internet Meme Elf you see today. The one in my house was Pre-War Japan Vintage with pointy ears and a salacious smile with green and white stripes instead of the traditional red...and positively creepy.  Today's Elves are mischievous to laugh out loud funny. After this "bad elf"






we started discussing Personalized Elf on a Shelf pictures to put on friends Christmas Cards...and like it usually does with us...it generally degenerated from there. So beware card recipients...next year...coming your way...an Elf on A Shelf Christmas Card specifically made with your M.O. in mind!

 bwahahahah

Hoping to see the boys this weekend to celebrate Christmas...and looking forward to Donna and Eric and Dane's Christmas Party the next. Picking up a couple of bottles of Honey Mead for the occasion.

No novel this week...but a re-read of one of my favorite classics. Truman Capote: A Christmas Memory.

If you have never read it

http://faculty.weber.edu/jyoung/English%206710/A%20Christmas%20Memory.pdf

This is a downloadable version of the PDF. Give yourself a gift and read it this season. Always leaves me smiling!

Caught up with the boys this week. Chris and Tina already planning a wonderful NYE together...and she is joining us at Donna and Eric's because...well...you are almost family now!

Lennon finished finals this week.

Sent him this





but also this...kind of a treat to enjoy after it is over.
















And James who sent me these...now headed out West to Arizona with a Team Driver.










He is already loving the whole "long-haul trucking" experience.

"So much better than being stuck in an office...or on a roof, Mom!

"I get to do all the road-trips and They pay ME!"

He is with an experienced team driver for the next 8 months paid training. Years ago, I think I may have made a serious error in career decision .


~laughing~


Have a great weekend!