Friday, August 28, 2015

Fred: MRI 2015








So....it's THAT time again.

Just got the Impression and Imaging back from my annual "Let's See What the Hell Fred is up to..."  MRI.  And, actually, was a bit nervous since I have been experiencing some random back pain/tingling over this year and did the full spinal MRI to make sure that Fred hadn't launched an attack in my spine...a scary thought.

Well...as you can see he is definitely pudgier and the tail is growing...and about 4x the size of when he was first found in 2008. So there is that.  The egg shaped area I labelled. Yeah. That's FRED.  We are still keeping an uneasy accord. I don't slice, dice, bombard him with radiation or poison him with chemo and try to keep him relatively stress-free...and he....well he doesn't make me stupid or kill me off just yet.  So far...so good.

The spinal was totally clear. No droplet spread!

BEST news...ever!

The doctor thinks the back symptoms I have had are consistent with....wait for it....
       
"The aging process". 

LMAO...right there in the room.

As a woman who was told she would not live to see 50...let me assure you...I will NEVER EVER EVER complain about growing older!

It is a privilege.

So earlier labs were great. No renal function impairment secondary to my meds. I am still on non-narcotic pain relief and want to stay that way. I will tolerate a bit of break-through pain for not being any slower or feeling drugged. The antivert works extremely well with the nausea and has the added bonus of being a mega antihistamine so seasonal allergies are kind of a thing of the past.

Sure, I tire pretty quickly these days. If I over-do it I hit the wall pretty hard and I don't bounce back like I used to. I've transitioned from 50 years of being a Gypsy to being a Virtual Gypsy/Traveller, and love it.  I've made my peace with the walker, too...it keeps me ambulatory.

Life is still an Adventure and Enjoyable.

It's ALL Good!