Saturday, August 15, 2015

Finally reached "Bag Lady Status"...

Over coffee and chat the other morning, "Idgy" sent me this

LMAO!


The dreaded "Fashion Squirrel"

After I sent her these shots.

LOL! Yes.  "Pirate"







Yes...found the perfect boots to go with the recently purchased bag for Fall...and had ordered them online that very morning.

Her words (laughing)
"Loretta has ruin't you..."

And the entire business goes with my brown distressed leather bomber jacket  and cream/taupe and brown infinity scarves.

"Yes, dear. It's hopeless."

Not to fear...pulled on a faded pair of jeans and a tee-shirt and sneakers to tidy the plants and borders today.  And what a perfect pre-Fall Indiana Day!  High 70's and sunny. Basked for an hour...played in the plants and then settled in with the book du jour, a stem of wine, and a cheese plate. 

Doing a re-read of Ken Follett's Pillars of the Earth before I start its sequel (World Without End). And who even KNEW there was one?

A busy week, this.
 James and Nicole and Aiden visiting Monday and Friday. A Lunch Brunch with Nancy (Nicole's Mom) and a bit of shopping on Thursday. Yes...The Mother-In-
Laws
...lol! Must scare the hell out of The Kids.   And Loretta, Sue and Dawn, Sharon and I, out to Terre Haute for brunch and mall-ratting Wednesday. Came home with Mango Melon Body Spray for that final burst of late-Summer scent. The Fall scents are already in though, and I will certainly be ready for them by next month.  Tomorrow, Chris and I are headed to Avon and to see Pam while we are out.
No wonder, today,  I am basically hiding out in the peace and quiet with the Tucker-cat...




                                             "bork...bork...bork"

 Chef Chris (and Kyle) starting on their own Honey Mead Adventure.







Complete with all the technology.  It is a neat contraption and I might try it on a smaller scale with the next batch of wine I make.  And Tina experimenting with making Cheese now.

And James and Nicole who were over the moon last night on their date-night ...with tickets to see Social Distortion together at the old (now re-named) Murat. An amazing venue. Very up close and personal. 





And Nicole...you are a bad influence on me. After seeing your new chest piece...we must go for my vine and roses piece. I love the idea of the vines just beneath the V of my shirt with a tendril or leaf just barely visible from the edge of the  v-neck.  Also going to do the leg up the side to the hip matching.  Just vines and leaves and roses/buds. Maybe a spray on the opposite shoulder.  :)




The Munchkins are back to school now! Brenden has officially joined the Kindergarten Set   :)


And Lennon who has now secured his first post-college position.

"I have orientation this weekend, Mom"


He is excited!  
Scared, and excited.
Been there-done that. 
 He will do fine!

Speaking of excitement!

Bernie Sanders has been doing very well in Portland, Los Angeles, New Hampshire and (today) Iowa.  He seems to be drawing from all across the board. Young and Old. All Races. Women and Men. Republicans, Democrats and Independents. Barring a major blunder (think Dean's War Whoop) or a surfacing skeleton from his closet (it was, after all, the 60's and 70's)...I am beginning to believe that Bernie may well be the next POTUS.

A dream team (for me) would be if he chose Elizabeth Warren as his running mate.

Still way too early to tell...but I have a really good feeling about this!



More anon...