Sunday, April 24, 2016

Brenden's 6th Birthday and My 56th!


Never ever ever get too old for squirt-gun wars!








With everyone turning out for Brenden's Special Op's Birthday Party. You have to imagine 12 kids and 10 Adults armed to the teeth with water guns.

It was magnificent chaos!

Started the morning a lot like this






And popped online to say "Hello" to everyone and immediately saw this

and this

And I must admit, Lennon is right...that is creepy as hell...lol!

56 is somehow different than 55...in that slippery-slope to 60 way. But as someone who was told I would not make 50...well...56 is absolutely amazing...and, once again, I want to sent little "I'm still ALIVE" notes to the neurosurgeon, yearly.

Reflecting on my life today in terms of decades. So  many lives. So many hats. The Hippie Years of the 70's. The Stripper Years of the Early 80's. The College, Motherhood, Nursing Career Years of the late 80's and 90's.  The Wife, Lover, Caregiver Years up to 2010. And now...Widow. Retired. Matriarch. Buddhist. Grandmother. Dispenser of love, hugs, cookies...and occasionally even wisdom. 

I have done, seen, tried, experienced so much in this more-than-half-century of living and I'm STILL learning.

Life is good! 

I have no regrets. 

Loved celebrating Brenden's 6th. They grow up so fast!






Preston is as tall, or taller, than James now!

Hey Babe!




Even Aiden is becoming!  Had to laugh when I watched him holding his squirt-gun sideways "Gangsta Style" today!


Possibly shooting at the black helicopters???



And there were water-guns everywhere!

Along with the kitchen stuff and gardening stuff and oils/scents I also received


The very first of the Goldens picked by James!
Birthday Shrooms!

And Nicole made me this incredible Strawberry, Whipped Cream, Angel-food Cake






So in addition to Brenden's Special Op's Cake (Handmade fondant and Camo- Colored inside)





We will ALL be eating birthday cake for the next week or so!

Also got a happy surprise from Chris...as he and Tina have managed to sort things and pull their relationship back together! They brought the grand-puppies over to visit (...they had missed me...and I...them), and celebrated, before running off to spend a day and night camping at Turkey Run!  Chris and I will be plundering Rockville, Turkey Run and The White Horse CafĂ© next weekend!














Good relationships are hard work. They don't just happen. As Bill used to say"There are always going to be speed-bumps along the way...there just are...we deal with them...let them go, and move on."  They want to commit to making this work. They formally announced their engagement today!

Wishing you both love, luck, hard work, and a lifetime of happiness!

Remember...communication (and love) is everything!


More anon...



The Camaro in all its beastliness!  Great ride there, and back, today! 

Rumbling!