Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Vemero...Santa Chiara...Villa Reale...and The Tango...

Yes, it is time to enjoy a few of the more peaceful places in Napoli.

Suffering from a terrible lack of solitude here today. 

Last week the parade of stripped to the waist sweat-sheened men who came to repair the roof damage we sustained in the last round of winds and storm seemed almost entertaining...eye candy...


A week and a half later and the entertainment factor has been thoroughly replaced by the annoyance factor.

Can YOU possibly be any louder, why are you flicking cigarette butts where they land on my patio and in my plants, ohmigod...your music sucks...why are there old shingles and shingle wrapping paper and god-knows-what-else flying off the roof and..yes...into my yard. And WTH is it with the guy who hammers to the tune of "shave and a haircut" anyway??? The first time I heard it...it was cute. Not so much so after 10 days.

Seriously...I have reached the

"Get off MY lawn" stage of this whole re-roofing business. And it's not even my lawn.

"And YOU....for god's sake PUT a shirt on!"

As the workers seem to have morphed from the previous picture to this.  Accompanied by loud belches, farts and the constant barrage of "my wife left me and she done took my damned truck and dog with her" country music.

I don't know. Were you re-roofing her house when she left??? Totally understandable.







Yeah...the Bloom is definitely off the Rose.


Sat out this morning reading in the coolness...thought about dong the weeding and cleaning the junk out of my borders but then they arrived...and seriously...what is the point until they are done?

So slipping away to Virtual Napoli for a few.

Vemero


A quiet still spot in the center of bustling Naples.

Santa Chiara

Italian for Saint Clare















And a sanctuary of cool silent marble chapels and much quieter neighborhoods.

Also,  my favorite...Villa Park Reale









This amazing communal park...a touch of greenspace in the midst of the urban sprawl that is Naples, Italy.

I have to believe this place restores a lot of Neapolitan Sanity. 

Oh, and here is the whole Tango thing.

https://youtu.be/swya5sx2uPs

Not my cup of tea...and they may actually be doing this on my roof right now. It sounds a lot like it. 

Off to try another meatball recipe!

Tomorrow through the end of the week they are predicting heavy storms, rain, hail and maybe tornadoes...and when I heard, all I could think was

"So, the roofing crew won't BE here, then. Right?"



More anon...