Sunday, April 3, 2016

The Best Laid Plans...




Or how something so SMALL it is electroscopic can throw you  flat on your back in the hospital for several days.

Finally home. Food still looks nauseating...broths and ices and Sprite and water and the occasional cracker, preferable. 

Huge kudos to the ER staff, and the Med/Surg staff...the doctors, nurses and aides who made the past 3 days not only survivable, but a lot more comfortable.


I.V Zofran (and Phenergan) is our friend. As is D5W and LR.

Huge kudos to my sons James and Chris and DIL, Nicole for "being there" for me, helping me realize I had passed the point of being able to rehydrate myself, and that my electrolytes were severely compromised to the point of heart and long muscle involvement.

I am not sure I have EVER been that sick before. And the whole thing complicated by then not being able to keep any of my daily regular medication down, as well.



In short, it sucked. 

Badly.


A dear friend of mine who was huge into Oregon Trail (gaming) sent me this today...pretty much, spot on! 

~laughing~

 Taking it slow and easy. Postponing most everything pre-planned for this week
(an early week brunch, Bloomington Mall, and a Gardening Day) until  am a little more back on my feet, I think.  Going to finish up Virtual Portugal by Friday or Saturday...a sip of the Gijinha at this point completely out of the question, and would probably finish me off.

This too, shall pass....

It was, however; a bit amusing to encounter the new crop of mid-20-something nurses who treated and listened to me respectfully- like I was "Yoda" passing on nursing wisdom/stories from long long ago, way way back in the in early 1990's...I have become venerable in my own time.  

How quaint.




















In my day...the FORCE we did use...to get the Doctor's coffee.