Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Corfu: Writing (and Artist's) Retreat, Yoga and Spa


The Pink Pangea is a travelling Retreat that happens to be in Corfu at this time!

http://www.pinkpangea.com/writing-yoga-retreat-corfu-greece/


A Writer's Retreat with Gardening, Spa and Yoga (and I have took the liberty of adding a bit of Painting, as well). The retreat is Vegetarian...and they serve Breakfast and Dinner. Re-created here at home.

Started my day with Morning Meditation and this


Greek Yogurt, Honey and Walnuts...also a glass of Lemon water.

Morning Yoga for Beginners

https://youtu.be/2_SE2gQwXoo

A Couple of Writing Seminars

https://youtu.be/lwhOd65gGoY

www.standoutbooks.com/the-snowflake-method-randy-ingermanson/

A Morning Painting Session (al fresco). I used the time to finish my foundering ship on the stormy sea.




Not entirely satisfied with it yet...but you get the general idea. Having some difficulties with the waves that are breaking over the ship's bow. (...I do believe the ship is going to sink...) And maybe some work on the foresail.
 I'll get it.


Also a Tutorial on Skies that I found very helpful.

https://youtu.be/gKKYnNvfU1A

Spurring a quick trip to eBay because now I NEED a small natural sponge to try this technique for clouds.

A light lunch plate of Feta cheese, black olives and  Mini-Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins and more water with slice lemon.


And out to tidy the flowers/gardens and soak up some end-of-summer sunshine.





And thinking how wonderful this would be, as the mid-afternoon of the actual retreat in Corfu includes a few hours just playing in the sea and relaxing on this private beach. I am pretty sure I would have NEVER came back home.

~sigh~

Back in for the Complete Spa Experience.  

Hair Deep Conditioning Pack

Aegean Mud Facial Masque

Loofa, And Lemon-Honey Sugar Scrub

Mineral Soak with Sliced Lemons

Pumice Stone for Heels.

Lemon Brightening for Nails (and a mani-pedi)

A Cup of Lemon and Honey Infused Hot Tea...and a short NAP. 

A couple of hours to actually write, while listening to my first taste of Greek Music.
Very relaxing and exotic.

A Vegetarian Dinner Plate (actually ovo-lacto and not Vegan) of a Greek Salad with Feta, Boiled Egg and Black Olives, another of the Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins and a Warm (from the sun) Ripe Tomato.
Also the ever-present Lemon water.



If today were a painting it would be Mediterranean Blue with a Bright Yellow Lemon in the Center.
I finally GET the Belle Casa Ceramic Mugs and Plates, now.

I have always seen them as gaudy. Now I understand. You have to have a point of reference.

I may even buy a mug.

I will never look at a lemon the same again, and every shade of blue will now be judged by the Mediterranean Sea, and found sadly lacking.

After the Spa Bath I smell like fresh lemons, too!




Evening Yoga for Relaxation

https://youtu.be/NJeSbfL-CzY

Some light reading. Anita Hughes recently (and timely) released novel.



An evening glass of wine and chat with "Idgy" to catch up on the day and both of us marvelling that Che starts college in only 14 days!

Where have the years gone.

Evening Meditation, and I am pretty sure that babies don't sleep as soundly as I will tonight. 

Soon we will explore Greek Music and Dance! 

More anon...