Friday, August 19, 2016

The World Is Your Oyster...



Make Today the PEARL.


So yesterday's grit became today's discovery!

http://www.worldwideseniors.org/

Worldwide Seniors

What a great Over 50's group.

I highly recommend it!

So many different chats, forums, interests, discussions, and people.  Some of them have been there for years!  My member # is in the mid- 1,000's but was discussing World News with a guy whose member # is in the low 70's.  Yes, we all use our names, but it is interesting to see how far back some of these members go. I met one who was #11

Everyone seems very open, welcoming, and positive. The Early Morning Coffee Cafe to Gather and Greet is a plus, and the site even offers (writing/photography) members a personal spot to share work.


The August Mall-Ratting in Bloomington with Loretta, Sharon, Judy and I, was nice. No "shop till you drop" or grand-kids this month. We were able to start the day with good coffee and Pain au Chocolat and uninterrupted chat.  I think we are all recovering from Summer's spend-fest spoiling our Grands.

September will be

Our Month

The Fall Scents are slowly creeping in at Bath and Bodyworks and we came back together smelling a lot like Caramel Apples and Candy Corn.

The Very BEST scent was discovered at Yankee Candles. One of their new seasonal candles

Caramel Apple Cake

A cross between a caramel apple and a spice cake.

This is definitely going to be my jarred candle at home this Fall. I bought a votive, and tried it when I returned.

OMG!

(...then, of course, I wanted Spice cake with apples and caramel...)

Loretta scoped out several must-have bags. I actually found (for future purchase) a very nice limestone weathered grey bag and a pair of half-boots to match.

We are hopeless together. 






Yeah..I know. she's RUINED me.




Dragged out a half-finished ocean canvas from last year I had entitled

"Where the Sea Meets the Sky" 

I am going to finish it out with the bow of a wooden sailing ship- cutting into it from the corner (with crashing waves) before I move on to the Aegean Sea and my (virtual) Greek Adventure.

 It is what I had always envisioned when I started it, but never finished.  Now, seems the perfect time.

Only




 more days until our "Rose and Idgy Fabulous Fall Adventure"

Can't wait!!!

And our joint birthday celebration featuring some permutation of this





Or to quote "Idgy"


"Fire and ALCOHOL...how could THAT possibly go wrong???"

Reminding me that after the blazing combined bonfire birthday cake of last year together








Where we actually placed (and lit) 40 candles for her and an additional 55 candles for me for a total of 95 of those little wax candles on one birthday cake.







And the blast radius and melted wax to follow. My FIRE privileges have been indefinitely suspended.

~laughing~

Finishing up my house-cleaning...then settling in tonight with a grilled sirloin and baked potato, Texas toast and a salad and home-made Custard pie for afters.
Maybe a movie.

Life is a wonderful adventure!