Sunday, August 7, 2016

The Car Show...Reclaiming Sundays and End of Watch





The Car Show was WONDERFUL! From this...

To THESE.







And all the years in between!  The Burgundy Austin I have photographed EVERYWHERE didn't make it out this year, but they did have a fine cream colored Studebaker (not pictured), so it was okay. Will find out later today how "RED" did. I left before they announced winners.

(...although "Red" did not win in any singular category...The Bent Rods Car Club won collectively...so there is still cause for celebration!) 

Amazing Metal...Good Music...Ribeye Steak Sandwiches (cooked over an open grill) and Ice Cold Coca-Cola...Tee-Shirts...and All Proceeds for Riley's Childrens Hospital...a GREAT Cause!

I had to laugh a bit about the music.  I have been going to car shows since I was around 6 years old (with family)  and since 15 or 16 on (solo or with friends and family)  When I first started going the music was firmly 50's and 60's music.  So imagine my surprise when it has morphed into '70's music now.  Yep. Opened my car door to Kansas singing Dust in the Wind. Then took a moment to realize that

A.)  I have been attending car shows for 50 years now...how can THAT be right??? All of My Music is now played on Golden Oldies/Classic Stations. For the record I am NOT a Golden Oldie, so I must be a Classic.

B.)  By 2066 they will be playing Rob Zombie's "Dragula" at Car Shows (...and mercifully I will be long dead by then...see there is an upside...)


Great show though.  This marks its 7th Year.

Almost religiously doing Reclaim Sunday these days. So nice after years and years of Weekend Option as a Nurse.

Sunday Mornings Then:

Alarm goes off at 5:00 AM...OMG...just 5 more minutes sleep, please...strong coffee, toast and juice and out the door by 5:30. Clock in by 6 AM and grab another cup of coffee on the way to my desk and get Morning Report.  


Sundays NOW:

Sleep in until at least 7AM...nice leisurely cup of good coffee with heavy cream and sugar while baking a Blueberry Loaf or frying sausage for biscuits and gravy. Say Good Morning to the kids and all the family/friends via Facebook. Settle in with The Morning Edition. Plan my day...or relax, create, read, write, paint, garden. Always a huge Sunday Dinner and somewhere in there..a NAP.

Yeah...retirement.
 I'm lovin' it! 

And Tucker (now 14 years old)...who has been retired for years...and cannot understand all the fuss.

                       










Finished Stephen King's: End of Watch

The last book in the Mr. Mercedes Detective Trilogy

He did a nice job wrapping up all the loose ends while still crafting one hell of a tale. If you loved the first two you MUST read the end. Also written in such a way that if you have not read the first two it could stand alone well.

Det-Ret. Bill Hodges, of course...also Holly, Jerome and the briefest appearance by Tyrone Feelgood, Freddi, and a re-antimation of Brady.  Also a few new faces.

8/10 as sequels go.

Worth the time.


More anon...