Thursday, December 8, 2016

Bodhi 2016



Bodhi.  

A Celebration of Enlightenment. 

Broke my 16 hour fast with a bowl of traditional milk and rice. Meditated. Reflected on this Buddhist Path.

Oh...and checked in on friends & family on FB, then fed the cat.

It is true.

                Before Enlightenment Chop Wood and Carry Water
             After Enlightenment, also Chop Wood and Carry Water.

Had a brief Moment of Enlightenment myself, early in February. Waking and realizing the fact that ALL of us are Buddhas, at times.  

Bright Shining Buddha Moments.

And sometimes, maybe a lot of the time, we're not.
And that is okay.
Maybe it is better than okay.
Maybe it is just Real Life.

This is my 9th year as a Practicing Zen Buddhist.

It has changed my life so completely in unimaginable ways.

I am at peace. I am content. I am happy. I am not the reactionary person I once was. I control the only thing anyone has any control over...myself. I am loved, and I love without boundaries or expectations. I have learned what ENOUGH is...and that there is always ENOUGH. I have learned to center. I can be that small silent calm when life or chaos rages around me.

My love and gratitude in this life are infinite.


Namaste