Thursday, December 1, 2016

December...Teal and Chocolate Brown...and The Riddle of HOME (Finishing: A Year in the World)



Woke this morning to velvety darkness, a chill in the air and beautiful snow flurries glinting all about.

Winter!

Enjoyed hot cocoa with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles as my Morning Cup.

And received my first Christmas Card today...Stacia...you're hardcore!

Seriously.

Oh and this guy is back...





Several of us posing and photographing our Elf on a Shelf this year. Mine is "Biff McBoots" and does double duty in the off season as a Leprechaun impersonater. Nicole's is "Snowflake" and Daryl Lynn's is called Jingle Belle. 

And though it is not mine...this is STILL the funniest Elf on the Shelf I've seen to date

                                "...the COLD doesn't bother him, anyway."


"Idgy" arrives tomorrow...which also happens to be her 41st birthday!Her favorite is my home-made Vegetable Soup and Caraway loaf so I'll be chopping and simmering  and kneading long before she arrives. And home is temporarily filled with Teal Accents. Including the tree.

Quite honestly,  I thought the Teal Christmas Tree Decor was going to be horrid.

As it progressed it actually started to grow on me. By the time I had quite a bit of the tree decorated I decided I LOVE it...and MUST get a handful of peacock feathers to stick in randomly as accents. And maybe some smaller silver balls.

Hello eBay.

It is becoming. The feathers won't be here for a while...but I've teal'd the place out with candles, dish towels, a candy bowl and even added a Teal Bath towel and face cloth...to go beside my chocolate brown towels. For "Idgy".

This is our

year together!

Cupcakes and Frozen Baileys Laced Hot Chocolate with Chocolate Sprinkle Rimmed Wineglasses...whipped cream and candles!  Complete relaxation. Nesting.

Happy Birthday to US!

Soon to begin/complete the last chapter in Mayes' Year in the World.
The Riddle of Home.

A Perfect Chapter to finish out the book (and the year)!

Later...



"98...99...100. Ready or Not, here I come!!!"