Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year- 2017



Celebrated NYE with "Idgy" (split screen/streaming) in London last night! Their festivities (midnight) being 7 PM my time; which was actually 6 PM her time...hearing Chicago playing in the background.

"Does anyone really know what time it is?"

Last year, we rang in the New Year in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It works so well for us we have decided to pick a live streaming different city every year!

The London celebration was amazing. The Bridge. The Eye. The Fireworks over The Thames, which must have sounded like a small war if you were on the water or the banks. We started the stream about 45 minutes early...chatted and got to hear Big Ben chime out the half hour and the quarter hour...very neat!

Perhaps the best part being that you can ring in the New Year...still have time for an amazing steak dinner...soak in a deep hot bubble bath...slip into silk pajamas and still make it to bed by 10 for a decent night's sleep.

There is a LOT to that.

So...here we are.


(...incidentally so am I...)

All is Right with The World.

Goals for 2017 

This is beginning my 10th Year as a practicing Zen Buddhist. I can't imagine ever NOT being, now. This is the Goal that has become a Lifestyle. Couldn't be more at peace or happy. Grateful for Everything.

Start back on the 5:2 this week because...damn...lol! Not a crisis, but I did gain 7 pounds from Thanksgiving to NOW. Stopped the Maintenance Program from Thanksgiving on and ate...oh...everything...a lot. More than a lot.  
I REGRET nothing!



Give back more than I receive (and surprise a few friends/family members this year by mailing a few "just because" items). And never lose sight of the fact that I always have ENOUGH.

Continue the Pro-active Approach to Finances...The $50. Project and Implement a New Yearly Savings Program.

Continue to Re-Use, Re-Purpose or Compost as much as possible. Also research and implement more energy-efficiency, less mindless consumerism, and find things for my home in the work smarter not harder category. 

Using Virtual Travel finish up the 2 States I have left in the US that I never saw (Real Time)  Alaska and Hawaii.

Use Virtual Travel to Explore Cuba.

Use Virtual Travel in the hottest of the Summer to discover all that Sicily has to offer! Going to finish out the year with Virtual Sicily.

Make this Year MY Year.

Stop Procrastinating...which is one of my biggest downfalls. Get around to all those (as yet) unfinished projects. Break the Procrastination Habit and replace it with the Pro-Active Habit!

Cross a Few more items off my Bucket (Life) List.  Add a few more.

Continue to Declutter..Simplify...and Minimize! 

Finish the first draft of my Fiction Novel this year.

Continue to spend as much time as possible with my family and friends.

Learn to navigate a manual wheelchair...go me!!!

Reserve Sundays as a Zen Retreat and Recharge Day.

That is about it!

What ever you decide to be for 2017...be a GOOD one!


love,
Carla













Oh....and I want to make a Tree of Life Quilt this year!



or maybe something like this