Monday, January 2, 2017

Undecking the Halls...Re-Purposing the Tree...and Preparing for Virtual Cuba











But first, had to share what Chris and Tina dropped by on NYE (early) to share with me.

A Bug Eyes Ring. 

I know, right.

Who ever came up with this is brilliant. You slip the plastic ring over your middle finger and voila... Bug Eyes!  We had a ball playing with them, and I have got to get several in different colours for the grands, James & Nicki.

Yeah...we're pretty easily amused!

Started the New Year well, though. 

I've the tree, decoration and cards down. Tucker (...being a cat and therefore quite OCD...) finds the loss of The Tree quite disturbing, and has been piled in a kitty-ball on the deep brown thrown I had at its base completely distraught.

About The Tree. 

Ten Years old now, and starting to get sparse and shabby. I'm going to buy a hinged and pre-lit replacement...and have been putting it off for a couple years...this is part of the whole procrastination thing I have vowed to beat this year.

Anyway...disassembled the tree and re-purposed it for outside winter decorations today!

Go me!!!


Arranged the branches in a outdoor metal trough and topped them with the tipped white (painted) pine cones.  Took the very top of the tree and potted it...assuming we have some snow this winter both will make nice winter decor for the patio. Tucked a few more branches in various terra cotta pots by the arbour.








Even re-purposed the tiny white lights in a sea-grass basket to twinkle and glow this winter while I relax in a bath.

Have been spot cleaning the carpet, and made a start on my after-the-holidays declutter and organize.

Also found this



and absolutely LOVE the idea for 2017.

I have decided that my First Virtual Travel for the New Year will be to a country I have ALWAYS wanted to see/experience but was only open to US Travel last year.

Cuba

I want to see the older parts of Havana.

I want to read more about Che and Fidel's overthrow of Batista.

I especially want to see all those vintage 50's automobiles!

I want to learn some Traditional Cuban Recipes

I want to learn a bit of the language  (  Cuban Spanish)

I want to sip a Mojito.

I want to see Barcoa (beachside town and Cuba's first Capital)

I want to find a circulated peso from 1954-1959 (during the revolution)

I want to explore Pinar del Rio 

I want to visit Santiago de Cuba (Che's Home)

I want to discover Trinidad.

I want to (virtually) dive at Maria la Gorda. 

I want to check out all the National Parks.

And whatever else I happen on along the way...

Going to spend this week getting the house organized and then begin next Monday!

Oh...and get back to work on The Plan (My Novel) or I will never get the first draft complete before the end of the year!

More Anon...