Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Novel The Plan: Thoughts- Mark

I'm not sure what is going on in her head. Maybe the same thing that is bouncing around in mine. Oh I keep up a good front.
Everyone thinks I am fine.

I am far from fine.

Underneath the whole Ironman Suit I am still blown-to-shit Mark. They have just prettied the package up a little.

Not sure what is going on with the Doc either? He has been preoccupied and irritable the last couple of times we have talked.

Come to think of it, so has Dad.

I love how easy it has been to replace my own father with The General.

You know, I can forgive them for bailing on me. But never for bailing on Josh and Jade. They don't even know what The Shel Program is. Or the progress I've made. How hard I've fought to feel human again. How hard I have worked to come this far. As far as they are concerned I am dead. They stop contacting the kids when Tracy married Jerry. I know they were upset, but it wasn't the kids fault. Jade was pretty little but it hurt Josh a lot.

The Exo-Shel Team has been beside themselves. It isn't every day you give someone back their arms and legs. Their life. They are giving a presentation soon on ME. There may even be a book or movie deal in the works.
Imagine that.

I wish she would just come back up to see me.

Dad has a room at his place...and one for "Ohio" too. Says I'll be "Coming
Home Soon".

And I should be grateful, I suppose. Feel grateful.
But HOME is with Tracy and the kids.

I wonder sometimes if I'll ever see it again.