Friday, January 20, 2017

Inauguration Day 2017



So the torch has been passed, and love him or hate him, Donald Trump is now 45th POTUS.

It is no secret that I was not a fan of him, or Hillary...and "Miz Cleo" (okay...I) predicted this way back during the primaries when the DNC was shoving Hillary down our throats...they basically beat themselves, you know...

Yes...that WAS my I told you so, moment. Right there.

Moving on...

1. Yes, all you NOT MY PRESIDENT people, he really really is...and he and this Congress will impact your lives in very real ways. Time to pull your heads out of the sand, come out of your "safe place" and work with others on the best way to watch-dog the situation now and keep the checks and balances going.

2.  Assaulting officers, burning vehicles, smashing windows and chanting all the while "This is WHAT Democracy LOOKS like" is counter-productive and UNTRUE. That is what mob rule and Third World Nations look like. It is an EMBARRASSMENT. You are hurting, not helping, any CAUSE you might have.

3. All your anger and chants and rioting won't change the fact that Trump is now President.

4. Harrassing girl scouts, death threats to a 16 year old girl who was just given the opportunity to sing our National Anthem at an Inauguration (anybody's), and comparing our Military marching in today's parade to Nazis...is all reprehensible as far as I'm concerned.
Get a fucking grip, people

and 5.

As an activist I am going to hold all their feet to the fire as much as I can...but I am not going to burn the damned ship because my guy isn't The Captain.

And it is sad...because now the lunatic fringe on the left is sounding just like the lunatic fringe on the right was, when President Obama was President.  

Down to berating his wife and kid...already.

And examining their every move through a damned microscope.

Melania Trump (Our First Lady) was elegant, graceful, gracious to the Obamas and lovely today. Her style reminded me of Jackie Kennedy.
Classic and Timeless.
The gift from Tiffany's was a very classy touch.


There were several comments today about how "Stupid" she is...funny because the woman is fluent in four languages and had a very successful modeling career and business. She has literally been modelling since age five.

There were the backhanded compliments too

"Well, she looks good with her clothes on." 

Yes...you're so funny.

You know what else is really really funny. How for years before I finished college and became a Nurse...and had a successful 15 year spotless career as a Nurse, I was a STRIPPER. 

You know what...during all the years I was a Nurse...Everybody knew and nobody CARED about what I did before I was a Nurse. (...beyond amused curiosity...)I had also been a car hop...a marketing research interviewer...a waitress and a cook.
Anybody over about 25 has a past.

You know what they DID care about? Whether or not I could discern indigestion from a heart attack. A cough from CHF or bronchitis or pneumonia. Whether I could re-start their heart in an emergency. Whether I could perform peritoneal dialysis or start an IV or evaluate and treat their wounds. Whether I could save them in an emergency. Whether I could talk down that schizophrenic patient with suicidal or homicidal ideations before they harmed themselves or others.

In short...whether I could do my job well.

And they've already started blaming President Trump for EVERYTHING...exactly like President Obama was blamed for EVERYTHING.

"It's raining outside...Thanks TRUMP"

"I burned my toast...damn you, President Trump."

Don't be an asshole, okay? 

Be vigilant.

Be watchful.

Be politically engaged.

But don't be an asshole.

More Anon...