Monday, January 23, 2017

Musings of Monday



It is the first Monday after the Inauguration and well...most of us are still here. The sun rose (somewhere...I am sure...although not in Greencastle where, with the exception of Saturday, we could be stuck in Folsom Prison...) the marches and protests are slowly dwindling down...and life goes on.

Had a moment this weekend when a friend back-handly accused me once again for handing President Trump the election because I refused to vote for Hillary.

For the record...I didn't vote for either of them...but

1.  If your candidate was too weak to win without MY one vote...well maybe the DNC should have ran a stronger candidate. Like BERNIE, maybe...

2. Maybe your candidate and the DNC shouldn't have backed a losing nag. Or rigged the primaries.

3. If you are still confused...feel free to place the blame on my third party vote...I have wide shoulders and I accept it...gladly...willingly...I have zero tolerance for election fraud and though I have deep concerns about this new Presidency...at least he didn't have to defraud people or cheat to get it.

Everything beyond this...refer to #1.

Falling into the category of "Well THAT didn't Last Long"

The FB Off the Grid Group.

Overall composed of some thoughtful real people from both sides. I know a few of them personally. BUT...after the Inauguration was over, OMFG.

It devolved into the squabbles and bickering of school-children left unsupervised. In some instances just nastiness to be...well...nasty.

I may try it again in a few weeks or so...but for now, as Marley would say





Proud of Chris and Tina and their GROUP OF FRIENDS, this weekend. This moderately sized group has been together for around 20 years now. With the exception of Kevin (...who ended up moving in with Zach and his parents...eating off their table...driving the car they gave him...wearing the clothing they bought him...then helping some less than decent individuals rob their home when they were gone...)  no one has ever been  booted from their Circle of Friends. It is really  quite remarkable and wonderful to know through everything theyall have each other's backs.



They are a lot like Bison forming a Circle to protect calves or the injured.

Anyway...one of the group just went through a really bad breakup after a 5 year relationship.
Worse yet there are 3 children involved.

The Rest of them Formed a Tight Circle this weekend...helped her clean...pull it together...watched and played with the kids...cooked and were a positive ear helping her see past the crumbling debris of the relationship and focus on a healthier, brighter future with her children.

I am proud of my Son and future-DIL for being the kind of people...for being involved with a group of like minded friends who would do this for another person/family/human being.

Catching up with Lennon, tomorrow. Whose Mom and Aunt have made it safely back to Massachusetts.

James and Hannah came by on Sunday!  Eliciting a million thanks for getting all those BOXES from online Christmas Shopping out to the rubbish bin. Seriously one of the shipping boxes was large enough for me to lay down in comfortably and the only thing that was shipped in it was a box...inside a box...inside another box with a 12" Pioneer Woman Iron Skillet in it. Totally overkill and impossibly awkward for me to drag out for pick up.

Got to catch up and chat. His lawyer has filed the necessary Modification of Custody paperwork. So now we wait.

They did the whole "pet shop" thing this weekend and brought Brenden back a White Goldfish to accompany the lone survivor of Fair Time...also a Green Budgie for Hannah.

Hannah excited as we discussed our Annual Upcoming Valentine's Tea that I throw with all The Grands...and me, excited, because by next Saturday there will be Thin Mints...and Lorne Dunes and Tagalongs and a new cookie this year:
S'mores. 



And for those following the Championship Games Sunday...

Superbowl LI will be between




The Patriots and The Atlanta Falcons.



Since The Falcons was Loran's Team (...and he would have been so pleased had he lived to see THIS day...) I think many of us from DS are hoping they "Win one for The Gipper" this year.

I know I will be.

Nicole is throwing her Annual Super Bowl Party, and I promised I'd be there for this one.  If for no other reason than James, Fred, Shel, Nicole and I will all be rooting for the same team this year!
That has to be a first.

Finally sorted the wave wash, sky and beach on my painting and tonight I will start the Royal Palm Trunks...including that bent one from Coco Caya.


It is slowly becoming...

More anon...