Sunday, April 1, 2018

Easter...April...and Slowly Recovering!


Feeling a lot like THIS after the past 2 weeks.

And where the hell did March go?

To put it in perspective...I have survived...well...a lot in life. Only to damn near be killed off by a microscopic virus.

And yes...the whole 57 thing came to mind instantly...and freaked me right the hell out, too.

The hospital admitting diagnosis:  Flu Type B, Bronchitis, Respiratory Failure and Hypoxia, Sepsis, Hypokalemia, Dehydration, Nausea

Yeah, I was a mess.

Slowly recovering...actually feeling much better today.

And a ginormous amount of thanks to James and Nicole, Chris and Tina, Jill and Lennon, Bill (my transit guy), Amber, Loretta and Diane, John, The Crew at Hendrick's County Hospital, The Operation Life guys, and my neighbor
Sandy. For soups and puddings and Powerade...phone calls and emails and frequent check in's....for insisting I head to ER...and sitting with me through the worst of it...and rides home days later...for Sprite and Crackers and paper products...and taking trash out and taking care of the Shelby-
Cat...for long hugs and holding me while I rested...laughing when my voice was completely gone (don't get used to it, okay?)...Big Macs and fries and a bag of Reece's Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs...one of which I was actually able to nibble this morning...and it was wonderful.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it without all of you. 

(((hugs!!!)))

 So here we are.


and Easter Sunday, to boot.


No chocolate bunny today...but started the morning with one of the Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter eggs. Obviously laid by the Reester Bunny!

Easter Chocolate! 

Still not adventurous enough to fix coffee yet...and it has been a couple of weeks now...but will be trying that Reese's Creamer when I do, John.

All Virtual Travel suspended...but hopefully back to the journey by Monday or Tuesday.

I did manage to watch history as it was unfolding on March 24th (in the hospital) as the kids Marched for Our Lives on Washington.

And it was truly phenomenal!

So proud of these kids.

They are Changing their World.

Together, we can make a difference!

Haven't been following most of the news du jour from Trump Sideshow the past couple of weeks.

Mostly chaos.

Another resignation and another firing. 

You know that NONE of this is even remotely NORMAL, right?

The Primaries show promise...our's is coming up in May...then in November there is going to be such a shift in power our children's children's children will be reading about it years from now, in History class.

Idgy and I have rescheduled our Spring Adventure for May...so she will be fully settled into her new home, and I will be fully recovered. 

Only 

more days!!!

Can't wait!

And I must be feeling better...as already making plans for car shows and


Yes...it is THAT time (almost)

With the unseasonably cool and wet here, I am thinking the grays are going to be spectacular this year.

...and yes, I do have my morel connection on speed dial...lol!


 They're my FAVORITE!

Did manage to finish this week's book.

Which was so surprisingly good I am buying a copy to keep.

A love story spanning several generations in a Michigan Orchard and a cookbook (baking) rolled into one. Several recipes I can't wait to try!

And this week's Movie


A remake of the Charles Bronson Classic.

Changed up enough for Bruce Willis to make the role his own.

Best movie I've seen so far this year! 

Hoping to be well enough to rejoin the living this coming week.

Have a Wonderful Easter!