Saturday, February 16, 2019

Valentine's Day...This Week...And Anticipating Spring


Love in the Age of Arthritis!

An amazing Valentine's Day filled with chocolate...bears...balloons...my favorite tea room...brunch....and US.

Especially us!



Who would have believed it...after all these years?

Gizzy gave my little bear the once-over and her seal of approval before John even left his house.


and we foiled Sofi..who has now killed two (count 'em) 2 USB corded mice
(crazy kitten) by going wireless. Thanks to John and his gadgets!

Now all I need to remember is to switch the thing on...

Yes...LIFE is just one big learning curve.


And my favorite chocolates from J. Evelyn's!

Life is Good!

(...and yes...it is so wonderful to be each other's Valentine...)

We even had a quiet moment dozing with the Pride (Sofi & Shelby) when we came back from brunch.

And because he is such a romantic- he got the tea room staff in on the whole surprise...and almost made me cry!  
It was the best!

You got me.

More weather by Sybil this week.  It's rainy...it's icy...it's snowing like crazy...it's sunny...it's nearly 60 degrees...now it is 5 degrees...

Welcome to Almost Spring in Indiana...where Winter frequently says

"Hold my Beer...and Watch THIS."

Quiet, Warmer and Sunny today...and contemplating Spring...and Spring Projects.

Found my mini green hydrangea...and going to learn to propagate it before warm weather.

Making several from one original plant.

Doing my Spring list for things that need painted, repaired, refinished, tossed, replaced or just acquired before the season change.

Most of this year's centers around repairing  the chips and scuffs and such from last year's "learning to navigate the wheelchair".  Necessitating a bit of touch up varnish for the end-tables and coffee table.

And learning to spackle.

How can I have never spackled...in almost 60 years?

I know, right?

But watched several Youtube Tutorials this morning...and it appears do-able by mere humans- so I'm off to get a 4 inch spackling knife and a small container of ready-made "mud" and fine grit sandpaper.

I have the touch up paint.

The gossamer sheet from the Inn arrived this week as well. Still working on my room...which seems to become a staging area and a catch-all far too easily. Trash Bag Therapy may be in order.

As soon as I get everything together and my wall art hung...there will be pictures...promise. The new bed-set is beautiful. 

This week's book: Becoming Michelle by Michelle Obama- finally arrived.

Well worth the wait!

Detailing her life from abject poverty (she and her brother...Mother and Dad...living in 2 small upstairs rooms provided by her Aunt throughout her childhood) 

Her schooling, her dating life, meeting Barack and eventually his proposal, their marriage, his political career leading up to the White House, the birth of both of their girls...the White House years...and after.

Well written.

Sometimes laugh out loud funny.

Sometimes terribly sad.

Best Book I've read so far this Year!

Give it a try.

Saw this the other day

and felt some comfort that there are OTHERS out there like me...

~laughing~

So, Roger Stone is now under a judicial gag order...

And I am in a pool with a group of like-minded politiphiles speculating on how long he will remain unincarcerated.

My prediction- maybe 2 weeks.

We will see.

Paul Manafort was found GUILTY on 5 of his 7 new charges and is awaiting sentencing. Mueller has suggested 25.5 years.

Paul is looking pretty rough already...and this may amount to the rest of his natural life once the additional charges are sentenced.

I feel bad for his wife and children...and hope he reflects from time to time how Trump really wasn't worth it.

And Trump.

What can you say about the man?

Seriously.

Even Ann Coulter is calling him an IDIOT now.

(...and when I realized that I had agreed with Ann Coulter...well...it left me feeling like I needed a hot shower and to scrub a layer of skin off...)

But here we are.

Where he stood in the Rose Garden and declared a National Emergency on the Southern Border to circumvent Congress (who has repeatedly said NO in both the House and the Senate) and fund his WALL...

It was a crisis.

Then on public television he stated

" I really didn't NEED to do this."

and proceeded to explain to everyone how doing this would expedite the matter.

(...in case you are wondering...everyone but Santa Claus...including some land owners who will lose property...and the ACLU have immediately filed suit...) 

Trump will live to hear those words, on video no less, over and over...I'm thinking.

I really didn't NEED to do this.

When you are too damned stupid, to even realize you're STUPID.

And because it was such a National Emergency...because it was such a horrific crisis did he immediately leave and head to the Southern Border from Washington D.C.  after the speech was over?

No.

But he did leave on Air Force One to Mar-a-lago where he immediately did some golfing and is doing more today and tomorrow.

sigh

Because isn't that what EVERYONE does when there is an Emergency?

Especially when they are suppose to be in charge.


More as it unfolds...


Have a Great Weekend!