Sunday, June 16, 2019

Life List #29: Donate My Hair to Locks of Love

And you can, too...

Yesterday, I cut my hair.

The last time it had been cut (aside from trims) was over 35 years ago.

It measured just shy of 36 inches...I took off 22 inches.

Now it is just a little over my shoulders...styles easily and looks cute tucked behind my ears...with a hat or my shades.

I don't have to pull it back in a ponytail (even to sleep) and look much less like Cousin It when I am brushing it...although when wet it does have a serious Keanu Reeves- John Wick thing going on...lol!

And soon it will be cleaned, dyed and used in wigs for Cancer Patients...the very best kind of repurposing!

How do you send hair to Locks of Love?
  1. Put your hair in a ponytail or braid. 
  2. Cut your hair. 
  3. Place the ponytail or braid inside of a plastic bag, and then inside of a padded envelope.
  4. All hair donations must be mailed to Locks of Love: 234 Southern Blvd. West Palm Beach, Florida 33405
Donated hair must be at least 10 inches in length from tip to tip.