Thursday, September 22, 2016

Happy...A Day Full of Kittens...And (soon) my New Baby


 This. This is HAPPY!

Spent the afternoon with James, Nicole and Aiden (who is now 99.5 percent housebroken and talking up a storm) 

James brought us Mexican.  Nicole had baked an amazing Browned Butter Zucchini Coffee-Cake...and shared the recipe with me! Must try making it, myself, soon.

It was so wonderful to arrive and have Aiden run from the porch to the drive yelling "Me-Maw" with his chubby arms outstretched in a hug. I'm not sure there is a better greeting!

Also got to see the babies...now a few weeks old


Nicki's very own Crazy Cat Lady Kit.


They are keeping the odd-colored silver and black one...and already have homes for several others. Mom is now fixed.


And you could just hear the wheels turn inside Aiden's head as he watched them with the dish of milk...


 right before joining them!


 Silly kid!

And caught off guard in a room full of squirmy pumpkin-colored kittens, yes. I will (now) soon have a new baby of my own

J'presente

      
                                                             KATE


Although she will probably be called "Katie" until she grows into her name.  She is extremely sweet, quiet and shy...and will be a good addition to our household (and Tucker), I think.  I was going to wait until next Spring for a kitten...but fell in love with her! It must be the First Day of Fall...and an Orange Kitten thing. Usually I only look seriously at black and white kitties.

She has Tuxedo markings and white socks...a butterscotch back and a slightly darker tail. The kids are going to help me take her in to get fixed when she is old enough!   

So...my new Katie-Cat. 

Fairly busy week and catching my breath. I have also been experimenting with a new Cheese Danish Recipe for when company comes in October.



with Walnuts

Sliced Peaches



And my personal favorite- Cherries.

Going to try a Praline type topping with pecans soon, and one with Slivered Toasted Almonds.

Nicole and I, already beginning the Halloween Crafts for the house.  Small balloons covered with long strips of white tulle and a glue/starch mixture to stiffen them before popping the balloon inside. When I left today we had a row hanging drying for A Hurst Halloween (complete with a huge vat of her chili, trick'o'treating and maybe a scary film).

Love being included in this annual tradition.

Hard to believe in November they will be married 3 years!

So back to Greece, soon...right now just relaxing and soon to sleep with visions of tumbling kittens dancing in my head!