Saturday, January 13, 2018

2018 Virtual Adventure: Australia- Itinerary

2018's Virtual Adventure will be exploring Australia, and all that entails.

I want to get an overview of the history, including the Aboriginal tribes that lived here thousands of years before the British Fleets arrived, and understand more about The Stolen Generation. (x)

I want to observe Australia Day (Jan. 26th) and explore some of  the other Australian Observed Holidays. (x)

I want to Explore the 6 areas shown above, and Tasmania.(xxxxxx)

I want to discover Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Sydney (...although probably not P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way...lol) Canberra, Melbourne andHobart. (x)

I want to see the mountains, waterfalls, rain-forests, deserts, and beaches. (xxxxx)

I want to find a couple of areas to paint this year...and promised a friend, who requested it, a painting of Ayers Rock at Sunset.

I want to try some Australian recipes...as well as tasting Kangaroo (x)...Emu...Leatherwood Honey (x)...and
Vegemite. (x)All,of which, I have never tried before.

I want to explore Ayers Rock. (x)

I want to experience the culture and the music. Both Aboriginal and Now. (x)

I want a bit of Fire Opal  (x),and a piece of Dragonsblood Jasper both stones indigenous to the area. (...hello eBay?)

I want to checkout the flora and diverse fauna of Australia.
(x)



I want to learn to make Lamingtons. (x)

I want to explore the National Parks! (x)

I want to do the virtual swim with the crocodiles, dolphins, sea turtles and the whale sharks at Nigaloo Reef. (x)

I want to check out The Great Ocean Highway (x) and The Great Barrier Reef. (x)

I want to buy and try Australian grown coffee (x)...their wine (x)...their tea...their honey (x)...and their chocolate. (x)

I want to build a Cairn.

I want to virtually ride the Ghan between Darwin and Adelaide.

I want to discover some of the Outback Towns. (x)

I want to rewatch several of the Australian Based films I have seen through the years and read a few books. (x_

I want to see The Fence. (x)

I want to see the hanging birdcages in Sydney. (x)

I want to see The Penguins on Phillips Island.(x)

I want to see the 'roos on Kangaroo Beach.(x)

I want to learn some of the Aussie Slang, (x)

I want to do the Scenic Skyway Tram across the Blue Mountains.(...hey youtube)

See Australia's Hanging Rock and Devil's Marbles.

I want to see The Wave Rock in Western Australia. (x)_

I want to see The Big Pineapple in Queensland. (x)

I want to do the Rain-forest Boardwalk at Cradle Mountain in Tasmania. (x)

I want to see the Figure 8 pools in Sydney. (x)

I want a shell from Shell Beach.

I want to see the view from the peak of "Bloody Mary" at sunset.

I want to see a Quokka and a Bilby...mostly because I never knew they existed! (x)
 

I absolutely have to see Lake Hillier!  OMG....PINK! And must know WHY??? (x)

I want to see The 12 Apostles and Sea Horse Rock. (x)

Do a virtual snorkel through the shipwrecks and Great Barrier Reef. (x)

Do the Bridge and Opera house in Sydney. (x)

See the Sydney Aquarium and The Royal Botanical Gardens. (x x)

See Sydney Chinatown...and maybe find something with pearls.  (x)


See The Sydney Zoo  (x)


And probably a lot more I will  discover along the way.

Do you see why I have dedicated the entire year to this journey?

The Adventure starts Monday!  Join  me...



 More anon...