Friday, January 12, 2018

...and it's WINTER again!


Christmas Stuff stowed...Thank You notes written and mailed...house cleaned and warm. Pantries stocked.Made the most of the two unseasonably high days (mid to high 50's) and now it is WINTER again.

Went to sleep last night to the sound of frozen rain falling and woke to it this morning.  Everything coated with a solid sheet of ice. Later, the snow came and covered all the ice.

I'm hibernating until at least Monday.

Lots to do,though. Baking, Editing The Plan, Staring the new Snoopy Winter painting, and choose a Virtual Destination for 2018.

I think Australia. 
So much to see and do (and try).


Although I checked out several maps and things to do...this one made me laugh out loud.

Will  work up an Itinerary by Saturday and start the Virtual Adventure soon after.

PSA:  Girl Scout Cookie are BACK!!!



Called my Grand-daughter connection to "Hook Me Up"

Yeah,I know...almost a Year Clean-Time, too.

Little Pushers. 

They should be here by the end of the month..envisioning a little Thin Mints, Trefoil, Tag-a-long and S'More coma! The S'more may be my favourite new GSC. If you haven't try it ...do...

You'll thank me.

Heard someone in the Twitterverse refer to Trump as Circus Peanut...and thought

"My God...That's Brilliant"

So here goes the


UPDATE:


You know just when I think He (or his band of sycophants) can't possibly go any lower- somehow they manage to pull it off.

While we were angry about him tying DACA to the funds to build that damned wall (that Mexico isn't going to pay for...and we ALL knew that when he was claiming it...except a small percentage of his die-hard supporters)...he came off with a new outburst that was so vile.So against everything this country was founded on...we were all trembling and shaking our heads.

The whole "shithole" rant...witnessed by several members of Congress. Dick Durbin- D and Lindsay Graham- R both speaking out after he tried to DENY he even said it.

"Oh yes...yes you did."

and once again I feel compelled to say

THIS IS NOT NORMAL...DO NOT ATTEMPT TO NORMALIZE IT.

I have NEVER been one to  vote a straight party ticket...but this year during mid-terms we have to.





Seriously.

Obviously the current GOP have no intentions of reining this National Embarrassment in...and his handful of supporters applaud his bigotry and ham-handed approach to the Presidency ('Merika)  so it is up to us to save this foundering ship.

We can do this.

Flip the House and Senate in 2018.

Join The Resistance.

 Mysmer...the grey mist coloured ghost of a feral is back. I shortened it to Myst and she seems to know I am referring to her. She comes when I call now.

Slipped her out a bowl of warmed cat food and she was sooooooooooooooooo
happy!


Pretty sure she will disappear again as the weather breaks...and I am little more than a kitty hostel for her, but for now at least she is warm and fed.

More tomorrow...