Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April...

The patio cleared...thirty gallons of composted soil to work with...Cox's Nursery delivering starts and sets soon...the grass outside has achieved a brilliant Kelly green color...

and yet...here I am. 

Self-isolated and a bit immobilized.

Honing my procrastination skills, apparently.

John sent this picture last night, because he is wonderful, and he knows I'm overwhelmed right now.


And  I made the mistake of watching Dr. Fauci give his projections last night as the virus starts to crest.

It didn't help that these were last night's numbers.

Or that we have now topped 200,000 in the states with nearly 5,000 dead.

Or that worldwide we now have 928,000 positive...and over 46,000 dead...

It is the fact, that in the US alone, we added over 25,000 positive cases yesterday....and lost 900+ people...and this mess is just starting its peak.

The next 2-3 weeks are going to be critical.

The cases and death toll unfathomable.

Topped off my supplies today with an Insta-Cart order.

I now have everything I need to face the Apocalypse again.

Called Grub Hub for lunch.

(...and you have to love their no contact option they have now...literally sitting the bags of food and drink in front of your door...then phoning you that your order has arrived...)

Feels like the meat on a stick approach or Goldblum pushing the food dish to the misshapen doglike chained creature on The Fly.

But here we are.

Our New Normal.

I get it. I KNOW how incredibly lucky I am.

My children are grown.

I am retired...and don't have to worry about dashing off to a job, or losing a job, or co-workers as vectors.

That the bills are paid and through everything I'll have heat, electricity, water, a roof over my head, phone and Internet, good food and the ability to use Insta-Cart and Grub Hub

(...perhaps too much..I think my jeans are tighter..)

Compared to many I am blessed.

(...and I am so very grateful...)

And I have Sofi with me.

As long as I stay isolated, my chances of getting Covid-19 are slim to none.

It is my children. grandchildren, family and friends...and, of course, John- that I worry about. 

Scattered everywhere.
Some in the midst of hotspots.

Some who still have to head to work every day....some like my DIL, Tina, who is an EMT and is on the frontlines.

Or Nicole, who suddenly has 4 children to school at home (from ages 5 to 14)

Or Loretta...in assisted living and locked down...at the risk of anyone bringing the virus into their facility and turning it into a nightmare.

...breathe....

And they tell us it is not necessary to wear masks...then they change their mind midstream and say "Wear masks"

And they tell us they check for temps and symptoms...then they tell us that 50% are asymptomatic when spreading it.

Yeah...I'm stressed.

But we will get through this...all of us.

We will.


Stay Safe!

"Ya just gotta relax, Mom!"

                                          ~Sofi